From:
Kristina Brandabur <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Mar 1999 07:42:24 -0600

Greetings Listmates,

Had a delightful anniversary stay this past weekend at the Country Dreams
B&B (www.countrydreams.com) just outside of Springfield, Illinois.  The
owners, Ralph and Kay, have built a lovely place about seven miles outside
of town.  Kay is a registered dietitian, and cooked me wonderful GF
breakfasts.  She also made special cookies for me and put a jar of them in
the facility's kitchen, at close hand for a midnight snack!

She shared a couple of recipes with me, which I will to pass along to you:
*Corn Bread Delight*
2 eggs, beaten
1 8-oz pkg cream cheese, softened
1 cup creamed corn
1 cup cornmeal
1-1/2 tsp baking powder
2/3 cup oil
1 4-oz can chopped green chiles
1 cup grated cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  Grease loaf pan or 8x8" pan.  Mix ingredients
in order given.  Blend well and bake 45 minutes, or until done.  So moist,
it's almost like spoon bread-except it holds together for picking up and
eating.  Freezes well.

*Easy Peanut Butter Cookies*

1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp GF vanilla extract

Stir all until combined.  Shape level tablespoons into balls.  Place 2"
apart on ungreased baking sheets.  Flatten with a fork.  Bake at 350
degrees for 16-18 minutes or until set.  Cool 5 minutes; remove to wire
racks.  Note:  These cookies are a bit "crumbly" and may not pass the
"toddler test."  However, they are so tasty I don't mind keeping a napkin
handy!

The B&B general info number is 217-498-9210.  Just a satisfied customer who
intends to return!
Kristina Brandabur
Chicago, Illinois
USA