Date:
Sat, 27 Jul 1996 13:52:17 -0400

I was diagnosed with CD a little over a year ago and have been following a GF
diet ever since.  I have read that once going GF many people become
increasingly sensitive to gluten.  I would like to know if anyone has had a
similar experience to mine.

Prior to my diagnosis, I did recognize that I would become ill after eating
certain food.  Although I did not know what the trigger was.  At that time, I
would feel bloated, slightly nauseated, and have intermittent abdominal pains
(sometimes severe).

Over the past 6 months, I have had four occasions that I have become ill
after eating out.  This occured at two different restaurants, three times at
my work cafeteria after eating vegetables (I now avoid all of their veges,
even if they are described as only steamed).  The other time was in a
different restaurant and I am sure that it was the salad dressing.   I can
only describe it as a burning nauseated feeling.  Bad enough that I am very
miserable.  It usually lasts for about 12 hours and then subsides.  However,
it does seem to be getting more severe.  The last time it also included
vomiting which is very unusual for me.

The fact that all of these situations occured after I had eaten out led me to
believe that I got into some hidden gluten.  So, I am curious if this is the
normal increased sensitivity that comes with healing intestines, or if I
should be considering other causes?

Any input would be appreciated.

Casey