From:
Alex Schwedack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 13:56:22 EDT

Here are the answers from the two of the companies from Canada selling gf
products in the USA

Hi. Thanks for your Inquiry
Millet is considered by the Canadian Celiac Association to be a safe grain.

It is also OK according to many Celiac associations in the US including the
Gluten Intolerance Group and the Celiac Disease Foundation. Millet in
itself does not contain gluten but many sources of millet especially ground
products may be contaminated as they are ground on regular mills. Ours are
not. We buy millet in whole form. We only use whole millet. Some celiacs
may have a reaction to millet, but this is no different than many celiacs
who have problems with eggs or dairy.  We thoroughly investigate all of our
suppliers to ensure purity of all our ingredients. You can be confident
that our products are Gluten free...I hope this has answered some of your
questions.

Jay Bigam
Webmaster/Marketing Manager
Kinnikinnick Foods Inc.

ICQ# :29826707
www.kinnikinnick.com
Toll Free: 1-877-503-4466

Subj:    Re: millet
Date:   99-06-22 14:26:37 EDT
From:   [log in to unmask] (sylvie hamelin)

Dear Alex, thank you for e-mailing us with your question.  the good news
for you is that none of our products have millet.  we have over 350
products from canada, usa, and all over europe and they are perfectly safe
for celiacs.  all are made under the strictest of conditions.  hope to hear
from you again soon.
steven singer