From:
"Aimee M. Bittinger" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 23:16:44 -0800

Don't know if anyone reads or has read the most recent issue of "Living
Without" but they had an article in it that had a doctor say that DH IS NOT
affected by contact with the skin. They also said there is no need to worry
about shampoos, soaps, etc.
This seems to contradict most of what I have heard on this list. Some
celiacs people who just have celiac, no DH seem to avoid lotions, etc with
gluten. I don't think I have DH, so this does not personally concern me but
I am wondering why this magazine made such a big blunder? It was also
contradictory in a few other ways so I am wondering if it is me who is
misinformed or the magazine.
Also, if doctors disagree about what is safe and what is not for celiac
patients, then how are we supposed to agree?
Frustrated with a seemingly good magazine
-Aimee