From:
Jan Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 May 1997 13:12:47 -0400

Hi everyone,

I've been collecting lots of information on the GF status of Taco Bell foods.
I wanted to have direct quotes for everyone so I went through my list of
manageable. Unfortunately my computer chose to "delete" instead of "save"!
 Other mail I have saved this way is just fine, it just affected the batch
saved this morning.

Anyway, to summarize, I got a lot of conflicting messages. Some people said
the corn tortillas had oats in them, some said the salsa had grain distilled
vinegar, some said the cheese was processed and therefore not GF. Still
others said the regular beef tacos (not soft tacos) and the tostadas without
sauce were GF. Someone else said that the pintos and cheese were GF, another
person said they were not. Very confusing!

It seems that most information came from asking the managers of the local
Taco Bell about the GF status of their products. I don't know how reliable
that is for everyone.

I did get this number from one person: # 1-800-TACOBELL.

I called the number and had to leave my name and address for a nutritionist
to get back to me. I'll post whatever information I get. They also gave me
this address:

Taco Bell Consumer Affairs
17901 Von Karman
Irvine, CA. 92614