Date:
Sun, 19 Sep 2004 16:37:40 EDT

9/19/04

Well, I found out that there are several of us who have celiac and can't
sleep.  Here are the responses I received.  I haven't tried any of them yet but am
going to.

4 responded by saying take Melatonin 3mg - obtain from your health food
store. Pharmaceutical grade mfg. by NOW FOODS Bloomingdale, IL  60108.
http://www.nowfoods.com

3 responded by saying obtain a prescription from your doctor for Amiben

4 responded to make sure you exercise every day (walking, running, swimming)
so YOGA

3 responded -no caffeine after1:00pm

2 responded make sure you take calcium and eat foods rich in calcium. Almonds
are good source Shaklee brand is good source of calcium.
http://Shaklee.net/jonanddanielle

2 responded take B12 tablets daily-also magnesium also a good supplement that
can sometimes help with sleep

Have your doctor check your thyroid and/or other blood work.  Have a vitamin &
 mineral check

Check Vitamin B deficiencies especially B6

Take Levoxyl (I am not sure what this is)

Cut down on carbohydrates

Give yourself a hot-as-is-comfortable foot bath.  Dry feet & scrunch sox over
toes to the arch so as not interfere with circulation further on the foot and
ankle.

Have a foot massage then drink chamomile tea

Take 1 Tylenol PM and 1 Benadryl right before bed

Try an acupuncturist

Do a sleep apnea test

Possible milk allergy

Stay away form yeast.

Probably hunger keeps you awake.  Have a glass of milk or dish of yogurt and
a couple of GF cookies right before bed.

Check out http://www.drlam.com/A3R_bried_doc_format/adrenal_fatigue.cfm#13

Hope some of these suggestions help us all that can;t sleep.

Good luck all!!!

Marquetta in KC