Date:
Sat, 16 Aug 2003 08:23:37 -0500

The San Antonio Express-News informed us this morning that I 410 will be closed today on the north side to allow removal of the Blanco Road bridge over 410. While the article speaks of eastbound drivers exiting 410 at the Blanco exit and reentering at the next on ramp and westbound drivers exiting 410 at San Pedro and reentering at the first  entrance west of Blanco, there will probably be a great deal of congestion and delay. Therefore, I suggest that you avoid I 410 in this area and the prospect of getting stuck in traffic. Here are some suggestions:

1) Approach Covenant Presbyterian Church from the north on Northwest Military Highway. Turn right off Northwest Military onto Lemonwood and then turn left onto Roleto. The church will be on your right on Roleto.

2) If you are coming from north or northeast of San Antonio, take 1604 to 281, then exit 281 at Nakoma. Nakoma deadends at West Avenue. Turn left on West and follow it until it crosses Northwest Military Highway. Turn left onto Northwest Military Highway.

3) If you are coming in on I 10 from the north, exit at Wurzbach, stay on it until it deadends at Lockhill-Selma. Turn right on Lockhill-Selma and then right again onto Northwest Military Highway.

4) If you live south of I 410 on the north side, it might be best to go north on 281 to Nakoma, then follow the directions in (2) above. Or go north on I 10 to Wurzbach, then follow the directions in (3) above.

The above suggestions should keep you clear of traffic backups and congestion. You may well know a better route. The important thing is to not let this unexpected road closure interfere with the success of our pot luck.

For celiacs who deal with the gluten-free diet every day, this should be a snap! Looking forward to seeing all of you and enjoying a delicious meal.

Lynn Rainwater
alamoceliac.org