Date:
Mon, 17 Jun 1996 10:25:38 -0500

I am interested in finding an on-line database or other resource(s) for
locating information about food groups/food families/classification systems
to aid in planning a rotational diet in an attempt to prevent the likelihood
of developing additional food-based allergies.  Does any one know where I
might start to look?

Also, is anyone aware of a computer program(s) to help track food
groups/consumption?  I would be particularly interested in any ftp sites
that might have a share ware program to help keep track of what I have
eaten. I'm not concerned with calories, but I am concerned with making sure
I don't eat anything from a particular food group more than once every 4 days.

When I took a look at the section "Planning a Diversified Rotary Diet" in
Marjorie Hurt Jones' book "The Allergy Self-Help Cookbook,"  I realized I
was eating primarily from 4 food families on a regular basis and therefore
potentially setting myself up for developing further sensitivities/allergies
with in these 4 groups.  This fact is absolutely amazing to me since I
THOUGHT I was eating a wide variety of foods.  However, when I took a good
look at which foods are in the same family it became obvious that my current
diet is heavily dependent upon the legume, lily, mustard & nightshade
families. Has anybody else discovered this (or similar) surprise as well?

SMILES!
Dawn
:) :) :)