Date:
Sat, 8 Apr 2017 15:51:07 -0500

The following 10 responses are part 2 for summary of mouth sores. - - Sharon

11.  He might have his hemoglobin tested. A friend had sores in his

     mouth, he had low hemoglobin, he was not celiac, and hadn't tried
eating gluten free. Unfortunately he had developed multiple myeloma.
Hopefully this is not the case with your member. Best wishes to him.

12.  ANY CHANCE OF IT BEING A SIDE EFFECT FROM A DRUG?  JUST A THOUGHT.
NANCY

13.  I'm almost 43 yrs old. Diagnosed with celiac at 27. They now know

     I had celiac from about age 2 when asthma developed (I no longer test
in the asthmatic range, after being a moderate to severe asthmatic, once I
went on a gf diet).  Since as early as my teens I have always had problems
on/off with sores on my tongue. I've mentioned it to drs time and time
again, but they've never really taken me seriously about it. Even after
diagnosis I continued to have them. It got much worse after my fourth child
was born, and really hadn't let up at all....till 2 weeks ago....when I had
my gallbladder removed! I had sores on my tongue at the time of surgery, and
within days of surgery they were all gone! Turns out I've had a defective
cystic duct from birth, so I have always had problems digesting (even before
and after celiac disease) because my gallbladder had a very hard time moving
bile in/out because of the duct issue! Drs never realized it....even after
my surgery was scheduled because they never looked at the ducts
specifically, just via ultrasound to make sure they weren't blocked. But my
surgeon did x-rays right before removing my gallbladder, and that's where he
found the duct issue. It has been like night and day for me! I couldn't be
happier about having the surgery. I can eat again. And I don't have those
darn tongue sores anymore! Even my tastes have changed....in a good way.
Blessings, Regina Karwoski

14.  I imagine there are different types of sores one can have on the
tongue, but someone in my family gets them from citrus. Hope this might
help.  :) Kat

15.  I react...inconsistently, to bananas, cantaloupe, pineapple (especially
if it's not very ripe, when the acid is strongest), and a couple of other
fruits. More of an allergy reaction. No offense, but it could be a chronic
infection, rather than a food problem. Maybe his dentist can diagnose.

16.  Might want to check his toothpaste / Try different toothpaste.

17.  B vitamins will probably help.

18.  My first question would be....is he eating any sugar-free products? I
discovered sores in my mouth after eating sugar-free hard candies and also
cinnamon candies.  It doesn't always have to be gluten related.  Hope this
helps.  Bev

19. Yes. I had canker sores all over my mouth and tongue all my life until
celiac diagnosis. They were caused by anemia.  It took a long time after
that to build up my iron but once that happened, the sores disappeared,
along with the other symptoms of anemia.  Carolyn

20.  I know someone from a celiac support group who gets terrible mouth
sores on a regular basis.  They are so bad at times that her doctor does a
procedure with a laser on each one to make it go away faster and the last
time she had 50+ of these painful sores!  I know she has celiac but she also
has a host of other auto immune diseases so I'm uncertain if the sores are
related to celiac, one of the others or none of the above.  I just messaged
her for further info and will let you know when I hear back from her.

THE END OF SUMMARY

*******
*******