From:
Betsey Carus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Mar 1999 03:21:07 -0500

Although all passover products are NOT GF (avoid cake flour, all matzah
products) there are alot of food items that people on this list should
look check out/try.

Saw in the store the following items that may be of interest:

marshmellows-those made for passover usually use potato starch so those
that cannot eat corn should be able to eat these. (btw these probably
are available in Europe)

chocolate, strawberry, vanilla, coffee syrup.

pickles are not made with grain vinegar. same for ketchup, sweet & sour
sauce, BBQ sauce, salad dressings.

Saw several mixes that use only potato starch as the "flour" since they
are labeled non-gebrucks (that's when it's not made with matzah
products) they should have absolutely no chance of cross contamination
with the matzah products.

Several brands make cookies from potato starch. besides the usual
macaroons (they are making alot of weird flavors) you can get lady/baby
fingers plus others that I did not try.

I tried the fake rice cakes made from tapioca starch made by Savion. The
flavor was carmel crunch, however they tasted VERY bland. The
texture/crunch was fine, just not alot of carmel flavor.

As I see/learn about other products I will post them to the list.

Betsey Carus
Baltimore, MD USA