From:
Jennifer DeBiase <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jennifer DeBiase <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Dec 2005 17:35:56 -0500

As many of you know, I had an issue with Robert's American Gourmet Gluten
Free Chaos Chips.  There were regular pretzils in the bag I had bought.  I
called the company and she said they did a voluntary recall.  Well my
mother was in a store today, saw a bag of the gluten free chaos chips and
noticed that the sell by date was the date that they were supposed to
recall.  The date was March 28, 2006.  She bought the bag to see if it had
any pretzils in it and it did.

I called the FDA today and launched an investigation into the matter.
Although she said this could take several months, she said they would look
into it.  She also said that the FDA does not recall items.  They just
strongly encourage the companies to do so.  She gave me an address that I
could contact in a few months to see what the end result was.  We'll see
what happens.

So if anyone is still buying these chips, please be careful and check
dates.

Thanks
Jennifer
Mom of 3 year old Celiac