Date:
Fri, 13 Mar 1998 17:51:59 -0500

>I saw the posting on gluten-free candy, and wanted to add another
>item. Hershey's Skor, THE best candy bar, is also GF, as the company
>told me in an e-mail. They assured me that no flour was used to dust
>the equipment, and the vanillin listed as an ingredient is
>gluten-free. Mary in NY

Hershey's is awesome !!  I had a temper tantrum in the
baking aisle yesterday; I wanted to buy chocolate chips for
my first GF cookie mix and every blasted bag o chips
had vanilla and alcohol. However, Reese's Peanut Butter
chips *appeared* to be GF ... I got home, called, and a
very chipper [sorry, couldn't resist] Hershey's rep told
me that they are GF and that the vanillin is GF. wahoo.

Separately -- twice now I've had a nasty reaction to flavored
seltzer. Feeling somewhat silly, I called the Compass Food
company in NJ that makes the "American's Choice" seltzer ...
and the woman said that it was *not* on the GF list ... wow.

Is there an issue of carbonation with celiacs? The nurse
seemed surprised I was drinking any carbonated
beverages and said [duh] to stop.

Tracey in Connecticut