From:
Lance Cummings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Dec 1999 16:12:49 EST

Hello.

Its me again.  I am the one who asked about the sore throat.  In summary,
most thought it could be a sign of Glute Intolerance, and some people have
experienced it.

I was also warned about the risk of cancer and playing with the diet.  They
said to get diagnosed and become gluten free ASAP.  I totally agree, but it
is easier said than done.  .  I don't think I can get such tests done in
Poland . . . maybe in Germany or Austria, but that will be a pain in the butt
and I would ahve to stay glutenfied for a while (which would mean feeling bad
for longer).  I will still be looking into it, but I have decided now that
Christmas is done, I will be strictly GF for at least two months and see what
happens.  This will be very difficult because it limits severely my food
choices in Poland.  Though there may be more GF food here, in order to be GF
I have to leave out anything that I doubt (which is a lot). I thought the
diet would be easy here, but the more information I found on Gluten
Intolerance, the less food I could eat.  My choices just kept getting smaller
and smaller :-(.

I forgot to mention that I have been diagnosed with orthostatic  hypotension
and chronic fatigue (both of these are not full-blown. I still function), and
duodenitis.  The duodenitis was diagnosed by the xray with the yummy barium.

This week I had my duodenitis symptoms again, so it has not gone away.  I
tried ant-acids from the doctor, but they made everything horribly worse.  It
didn't make sense to me anyway, because I don't eat a diet that would cause
that.  I am mainly a vegan.  With the exception of sugar (too much) and
coffee (every so often), I don't ingest such things.  My duodentitis symptoms
seems to be linked to eating gluten or milk, but I'm not entirely sure.

Usually when I'm eating gluten, I'm eating sugary stuff.

I have read that the first place to be attacked by gluten intolerance or
Coliac's is the duodenum -- but I have not yet read that duodenitis can be
caused by it.  Its logical that it would, if they cause inflammation.  Any
thoughts or ideas?  Has anyone else had such xrays show duodenititis?

thanks

lance