From:
Jessica Mahood <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 24 Apr 2011 12:29:28 -0400

Greetings!

My husband took me to Medieval Times in Schaumburg, IL last night for my birthday.  He discovered that if you call the company in advance, they will prepare a gluten-free meal.  They do not advertise this option.  In fact, it is not available online.  You have to call 1-866-543-9637, and inform them of the show date/time that you will attend.  When you arrive, you have to remind your server that you require the GF meal.  They will then give you a small laminated card detailing the gluten-free menu for the evening.  At our meal, GF options consisted of a LARGE lemon herb chicken breast, tomato vegetable soup, plain ribs, and a seasoned baked potato.  There was also a fruit dish for dessert.  Aside from the fruit, the meal was basically the same as everyone else's (the non-GF desserts were chocolate cake and an apple tart).  The meal was plenty of food for an adult, and was actually good.  We were really pleased with our experience, and I had absolutely no gluten exposure symptoms last night or today.

I know that Medieval Times has locations throughout the country.  The show was a lot of fun--especially for kids--so I'm happy that we can now have this option!

(As a side note, I have no affiliation with the company.)

Happy eating to you all on this beautiful easter day--
Jessica in Chicago