Date:
Thu, 18 Sep 2008 12:06:28 -0500

This may be more of an observation that a question, but of the last three
generic medications I've gotten, I either couldn't reach the company by
phone or someone didn't call me back in time for me to make a decision about
taking the drug. I have one now that needs to be filled *today* and I can't
get an answer from anyone. The drug is Medrol 4mg Dose Pak - the generic is
Cadista. The one prior to this was the generic for Reglan. I ended up taking
it (only one pill for the Pillcam test), but a week later, someone called me
to tell me that no, their generic wasn't GF. I didn't have a week to wait
for their response.

I know many of you just forget generics and go name brand, which is totally
a person's choice. I don't have enough $$ to do that. Is there anything in
the works for drug manufacturers to disclose allergens as was done with
food?

And if any of our pharmacy-type people know if Cadista generic for Medrol is
GF, I would be so glad to hear from you.  ~~Ayn in Alabama