Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 1999 22:44:17 -0800

Ener-G Foods posted the following formal answer to the botulism question on
their site this evening. I am sending it along since there seems to have
been so much concern about the botulism issue. I'm not involved with the
company in any way other than as a customer.
-vance

To our Canadian and U.S. Customers:

   Many of you have heard by now that the Canadian Food Inspection Agency
("CFIA") has recalled all of our White Rice Loaf, Yeast-free Brown Rice Loaf,
High-Fibre Loaf, Potato Loaf, Raisin Loaf, Raisin Loaf without eggs, Tapioca
Loaf, Brown Rice Loaf and Yeast-free White Rice Loaf in Canada because it is
concerned that the products may not have been baked to sufficiently high
temperatures to kill any bacteria responsible for Botulism in humans.
Significantly, however, the CFIA tells us that it has NOT discovered any
Botulism bacteria in our products.  In addition, we do not believe, and the CFIA
does not believe, that anyone has actually become ill as a result of eating
these products.  In essence, CFIA's move appears to be precautionary.  In any
case, we are cooperating fully with the CFIA in recalling the product and will
continue to do so.

   The CFIA appears to have issued the recall because it believes that botulism
bacteria could develop in the recalled products.  We are in the process of
explaining to the CFIA why we do not believe this to be the case.  We are also
cooperating fully with the U.S.  Food and Drug Administration.  FDA has not
identified any concerns to us, at this point, but we will certainly take
corrective action if it turns out any is necessary.

   Of course, we will promptly reimburse our Canadian customers for all recalled
product or replace it with product manufactured with the approval of the CFIA.
We regret any inconvenience this recall may cause and we thank you for your
loyal patronage over the years.

                Ener-G Foods, Inc.
                Sam M Wylde, III
                President