From:
Sidona Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sidona Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jul 2010 07:48:18 -0700

Below is the summary of responses when I asked for suggestions for a
Gastroenterologist in S. Orange County, CA.  Thank you to all who responded.

Sidona

1) I live in Laguna Niguel myself and have had to go to UCSD in San Diego to
see Dr. Mark Harmon to get other tests including genetic testing.   My blood
work kept coming up negative for the disease with the doctor's I saw around
here, so they dismissed the possibility that I had celiac.  Turns out I
actually do have celiac disease.  I am sorry I do not have a recommendation
in Laguna Niguel or Mission Viejo area.

2) My GI is Ronald Adamany, MD of Mission Internal Medical Group and he's on
the advisory board of Orange County CSA.  Very knowledgeable in CD.  27071
Medical Center Road, Suite 200, Mission Viejo, CA  92691, 949-364-5090.  Let
me add that if you say Debbie Lee referred your friend's daughter, you'll
probably get in more quickly!

3) I have been going to Dr Parviz Faroozan at scripps for the last 6+ years
since he diagnosed me. He is very good.

Location:  10666 N Torrey Pines Rd MC 203N, La Jolla, CA 92037

4) My son goes to Dr. Phylis Agran in Orange.  She's a pediatric
gastroenterologist.  I had once asked her for recommendations for a
gastroenterologist for an adult friend and she had a few recommendations.  I
don't remember them because I passed them on.  But you can call her and ask.
Her office is 714 744-0776.  She has hospital privileges at CHOC in Orange.
She has been a great doctor for my teenage son.

There is also a support group in OC she can join:
http://www.occeliacs.com/index.html

Since this group is all from OC, maybe an email to this group's contact
would help as well.

5) Hi, our GI in San Diego is fabulous. Dr. Kimberly Newton at Rady
Children's. Realize this isn't OC, but she is amazing.

6) Dr. Craig Ennis is an advisor to the Orange County Celiac Sprue
Association.  His son has Celiac.  714-835-5100