From:
Miki Tracey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miki Tracey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 11:58:54 -0400

Hey all
Two weeks ago i joined weight watchers.  So far so good.  3 pounds. (I only had 20 to lose)
But the foods they pass around, and most of the recipes, and my goodness, the fat free everythings are not coming up in my food lists for GF.  And the 2pt bars?  Modified Food Starch is their favorite word.

Has anyone done WW Gluten Free?

Do you have a list of Fat Free Ice Creams and cheeses, Frozen desserts, frozen meals, etc that are GF? I spent an hour reading food labels and couldn't find a single smart ones i could eat without calling them...

I have good news, some of Amy's gluten free meals are very inexpensive in points...the rice bowls in particular.  And Sweet Nothings fudge bars are made with tapioca starch and are 2 points (and i think CF, but don't quote me on that) (but man, why won't anyone sell me a box of them.....)

Fruit is a problem too.  Fiding fruit small enough, even in the organic section....is a pain.  And being single, those big bags of apples just go bad.

So i'd love to have any encouragement from someone whose done it.  And ideas...and recipes.  i mean can i make danielles decadent cake with pumpkin and have it be low in points as well as tasty like the duncan hines recipe we got today?  Is there a good flour to use to make the whoopie pies?
--
"Faery Tales disturbed me. The princes always blindly charged and left me confused. And I feel like I'm the one who'll face the dragon..."
Uncle Bonsai - One in a Million