From:
The McKinney's <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The McKinney's <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Dec 2005 15:15:14 -0600

With information being collected about celiac college students, I hoped to
pick the brains of any celiac students or parents who are working within a
college athletic program.

Our freshman daughter plays softball for her university and we hoped to find
others who had tips and tricks on how they or their celiac student managed
eating on the road, at the fields, on the bus, working with the coach, etc.

She experienced one out of town tournament in the Fall and the coach was not
quite sure what to do with a player who had limited eating opportunities at
the snack bar and most restaurants, fast food or otherwise. She brought her
own ice chest but we would love to learn what others are doing, taking,
experiencing when playing for their college.

The private religious university she attends has accommodated every one of
her requests - - going above and beyond our expectations. We anticipate the
softball program to do the same, but being new to the college athletic
experience, we are curious of how college athletes with celiacs have made
their way through their athletic program.

Thank you in advance for your thoughts, insights, and ideas . I have no
doubt this list serve with its great minds will help us through this next
adventure.

Thanks,

Laura

Dallas TX

(If there are others outside of a college athletic department who compete in
sports and are on the road or at the fields and would like to share any
thoughts on how you make it a little easier, we would definitely love to
hear anything that works!)