Date:
Sat, 10 Feb 1996 09:59:33 -0500

My husband and I got married last October and had a GF chocolate wedding cake
made from Authentic Foods chocolate cake mix (800-806-4737).  We had the
local baker make it but he was a little nervous using a mix.  We served
everyone the GF cake, didn't have two different cakes, and everyone loved
it--had not idea it was GF.  A baker friend of mine made the same cake for a
surprise bridal shower, with raspberry filling and it came out TERRIFIC.  I
also bake this cake at home and it's also terrific.  So if you can find a
good baker, I'm sure you'll have no problem.  I also had the inn where we got
married (Roger Sherman Inn in New Canaan, CT) make all the food GF, and they
did it for no extra cost -- even all the appetizers.  Even though I was the
only celiac at my wedding, I wanted to be able to eat anything I wanted that
day -- I even had rolls made up.  I think maybe the chefs at these places
enjoy the challenge!  Good luck!

Mary Collins