From:
Deb Wheaton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Deb Wheaton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Sep 2012 15:52:07 -0400

Hello List Mates,
A couple of weeks ago I posted the FDA’s press release about renewed concerns over arsenic in rice. Today the conversation continues within our Celiac / gluten-intolerant communities.
I’ve read all the press releases, comments and opinions about alternative grains –and there are many.  So I thought it might be helpful for us to make our own comparisons. I’ve worked up an easy to read graph based on the information from “The Gluten-Free Edge”. In her new book, co-author Melissa Jory does a great job demystifying our GF grain choices.
You can check out the Nutrient Profiles of Gluten-Free Grains here:  http://www.notevenacrumb.com/
I've also included the two most comprehensive articles that I could find.
Disclaimer: Of course I’m a bit biased as we now have a gluten-free oat based company – started largely because of their nutrient value. But keep in mind that the information in the Nutrient Profile was obtained from the USDA Agriculture Research Service Nutrient Data Laboratory. Data for magnesium is from Shelley Case’s book: “Gluten-Free Diet: A Comprehensive Resource Guide”.
Hope you find this information helpful.
Sincerely,
Deb Wheaton
www.notevenacrumb.com
“Raising Awareness, One Crumb at a Time”