From:
Sue Jeno <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 10:40:01 -0500

I spoke with the plant manager at Barrel O' Fun Snack Foods (located in Perham,
MN 1-800-346-4910) and attached below is a list of their gluten free snacks.
They indicated to me that none of the gluten containing products are produced
at the same time as the gluten free products and that they adhered to a strict
allergen policy which includes running all the allergen free foods first then
thoroughly cleaning the facility after the allergen containing foods are run.
I feel very confident about their products since speaking with them directly
and have been enjoying their products thoroughly.  The manager had worked at
Hormel prior to his position at Barrel O' Fun and knew about gluten sensitivity
and the need for strict standards.  I applauded their efforts!!  This company
happens to supply the public schools with tortilla chips and other snack foods,
so my children can enjoy snacks with the their classmates at school.

I have no connection with this company other than supporting them by purchasing
their items.

Enjoy!

Sue in ND

Barrel O' Fun Snack Foods

Potato Chip Items
Plain Potato Chips
Rippple Potato Chips
Plain Kettle Fried Potato Chips
Dill Pickle Potato Chips
Barbecue Potato Chips

Tortilla Chip Items
Plain Tortilla Chips
Restaurant Style Tortilla Chips
Tostadas
Mini Rounds
Corn Chips

Barrel O' Fun Extruded Items
Corn Pops
Caramel Corn Pops

Popcorn Items
White Popcorn
Kettle Corn
Caramel Corn

Vic's Gourmet Popcorn Items
White Popcorn
Half Salt White Popcorn
Lite White Popcorn
Lite White Half Salt Popcorn
Kettle Corn
Regular Caramel Popcorn
Fat Free Caramel Popcorn
Lite Yellow Cheddar Cheese

This list is based on the "safe" and "forbidden" lists as found at
http://www.celiac.com.  Other products may be safe, but due to the uncertainty
of some ingredients, have not been included on the gluten free list.  Please
read the ingredient statements on the package before consuming.  - Revised
January 8, 2002