From:
"Wallenfels, Jennifer" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 1997 19:16:00 -0800

I noticed the following lines in the bentonite summary:

>". . . kills insects and some parasites because its particles are so
>small and SHARP.  This is the reason some take it as a supplement:
>to get rid of parasites. . . "

I personally have never heard this about bentonite clay.  This sounds
more like a description of Diatomaceous Earth, which is the remains of
diatoms, one-celled creatures that live in the ocean.  DE is used in
farming  (mixed with grain in silos, it's a non-toxic insecticide),  and
is also used to worm animals  (when given to cows their milk can still
be used during the treatment, unlike chemical wormers).  Similarly, it
can be used for flea control in one's carpets.  Maybe that's what the
writer was thinking of?  Just wanted to mention this in case anyone was
about to try and treat their parasites with bentonite.  :-)

Jenn
Seattle, WA USA