From:
"Tammy L." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tammy L.
Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 2006 16:48:34 -0800

I would like to know how long it took for most of you
fellow celiacs to adjust to eating the new gf flours.  I
mean for  your body to adjust to processing them.  Did most
of you just quit the wheat and started baking with them and
eating with no problems or did it take a few months to
adjust?  My doctors don't really know about this and assume
my stomach problems--burning, sometimes heartburn and
indigestion are related to the diet change.  I never had
these problems when I ate wheat just ran to the bathroom
alot.  My lower GI problems are much better since starting
the diet, but the upper GI problems are new.  The end of
November will be 3 months since I started.  I use Betty's
Featherlight blend sometimes with brown rice for my bread
which I continue to eat at least one piece if not more
daily to get my body used to it (suggested by my doctor).
How long did it take most of you to adjust and what were
your symptoms that made you aware that it was the flours?
 How did you adapt to them if you had trouble?  Any info
you can give would be appreciated.  I hope eventually it
does get better.  I have not gotten any gluten and follow
the diet well.  It does seem alittle better than when I
first started but I don't feel quite back to normal like
when I was a gluten girl.