From:
MJ Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
MJ Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Sep 2005 16:32:33 -0400

We recently returned from a car trip to Murray, Ky. and Chicago.
Fortunately, we stayed with friends in both locations so the challenge of
restaurant food was minimized.

Our first night was spent in Winchester, Va.  We went to the Cork St.
Tavern and, after the chef had seen the restaurant card, we were told
there were no entrees that I could safely have.  It's the first time I've
ever been sent out of a restaurant but better that than gluten exposure I
expect.  I think they didn't want to take the time.

We walked down the street to Brewbaker's Restaurant where the hostess
consulted the chef-owner; he reviewed the card carefully and told me some
items which would work.  I had an excellent shrimp scampi with rice and
steamed vegetables.  It was excellent and I would recommend the restaurant
without hesitation. (http://brewbakersrestaurant.com/)

The next night in Barboursville, Va. the Outback Steakhouse was great.  We
ate at the Outback in Paducah also - equally good.  The waitstaff were
very helpful.

On our way back to NY from Chicago, we stayed in Austinburg, Ohio - near
Ashtabula.  It had been a long day and we were more than ready to stop.
Buck's Grill and Bar was nearby and suggested by the desk staff at the
motel;  it turned out to be a small restaurant (and bar) with helpful
staff and chef.  A salmon fillet was broiled as I requested and was very
good.

The Triumph dining card served me well.

MJ

--
 MJ Thomas
 In the beautiful Finger Lakes Wine Country of New York State!