From:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Nov 1999 18:51:18 EST

I would tell this person to go to another doctor.

I'm always suspicious of doctors who rush to prescribe meds when diet has
been proven to work. And if his patients are not responding to diet....one
must ask, on whom are they relying for information as to what the diet
entails...him?  And how many patients is he talking about, upon which he
based his conclusions? What research does he have to support his use of
prednisone and not diet?

You can't blame the patient who seeks a quick, easy pill for our ailment, but
arbitrary use of steroids can lead to far worse problems than celiac. I'm no
doctor, but count me out of this treatment until it's proven safe and
sensible. Linda