From:
Sherry Roeder <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 2004 16:29:51 EDT

Hello,

Are these typical reactions to gluten ingestion and is there anything to
help with symptoms?

Within 1 hour of ingesting gluten - rumbling in stomach.
Within 4 hours - severe cramping, nausea, severe vomiting for 2  hours.
That night (6-8 hours later) and now on my second day...  still feel  sick to
stomach, nauseated, shakey, dizzy, flu-like symptoms, achey, feverish,
headache, etc.

I have taken pepto bismol for stomach stuff and pain meds for headache  and
body aches... nothing really is helping.

Does it make a difference of how severe symptoms are if I've been GF  for a
long time and then ingested gluten again (4 yrs of no  gluten)?

This was a terrible mistake of what I ate and I would never wish this
horrible of a violent reaction on anyone.  I never realized it could be  this bad!!!

Thanks for any info!!!
Sherry