Date:
Wed, 18 Sep 2002 12:30:37 EDT

There is a lot of interest in these bars-particularly where to find them.

For product info, flavors, ingredients, retail stores and retail orders go to

www.bumblebar.com

When the web page loads, click on the BumbleBar logo on the upper left
which will take you to the next page which has a list of links listed
above along the left side.

The bars can be ordered by the case and they have a sample pack available.

Any questions regarding the product can be sent to
the owners, Liz and Glenn Ward,  at [log in to unmask]
or call 1-888-453-3369.

I forwarded the post from the owner stating that BumbleBars are gluten-free.
Another listmember subsequently contacted him and asked if he could certify
that
each individual ingredient was gluten-free.
As with most companies, he said he could not certify the GF status of each
ingredient.
In my humble opinion, as with most commercial products,
each patient must decide for themselves if they are comfortable
choosing a product
with multiple ingredients, comfortable with the company, etc.

I received a copy of the Gluten-Free Trading Co.'s
Sept 2002 customer update shortly after my post.
They have just started to carry BumbleBars.
I spoke with Linda Kramer who along with her husband, John Shaw, owns the
Gluten-Free Trading Co. and BOTH have CD.
(And found out after they were married!)

They were very impressed with the owners of the BumbleBar company and felt
comfortable enough to add it to their product list.
She said they felt the Wards were very conscientious and were being as
careful as they can.
G-F Trading Co.'s website is www.gluten-free.net
They can be reached at [log in to unmask] or 1-888-993-9933.

The newsletter reads:
New! BumbleBars
We're pleased to introduce these chewy snack bars made from
sesame seeds and other tasty gluten-free ingredients.
Easy to pack and carry: enjoy them as an afternoon snack
or take them along for extra energy at outdoor sports.
BumbleBars are made without preservatives, chemicals or
genetically modified ingredients. They are certified organic
and vegan. Bet you can't eat just one!
Choose from five delicious flavors:
Original, Original with Almond, Chai with Almond,
Lushus Lemon and Chocolate Crisp.
They can be ordered by individual bars (I am not sure about the case-I didn't
ask).

Sara
NC