From:
Daniel Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Daniel Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Dec 2008 09:15:35 -0800

There was so many of you who said keep it coming. You given me ideas to block out the haters and so on. I feel that I was put here to help and I will try my best. I am going to give you a small summary of a article I put on my web site so not to offend to many. It seems the smallest thing does offend people and I am not here for that but to help ones who want it. If you want to see the rest of my article and the menu I am using, go to my web site.
As celiacs we have to watch what we eat . Some restaurants help by giving us a menu when we walk into a restaurant.

This is a clip part of the menu that is given to us at a certain restaurant who has a gluten free menu.

", we make no guarantees
regarding the gluten content of any of these items. Guests with gluten
intolerance or other special food sensitivities or dietary needs should not
rely solely on this information as the basis for deciding whether to consume a
particular menu item"

My, That tells me a lot doesn't it. It tells me I should be scared to eat there. Maybe you take it another way but I expect them to guarantee me of my health. I am paying them to eat there not paying them to get sick cause they can't train there staff.

I go into every restaurant the same way. I ask the chef to cook my meal the way I want it. You should to. As a chef, when it is busy and I get a order for a meal, I treat it like it is important for every one. The gluten free menus they give us, selects a item that is gluten free before it is cooked. For example steak is always on the menu.

Sure it is gluten free, the grill is not, the garnish is not, the spices some times are not and even the plate that is right next to some one making a hamburger with a bun is not. The tongs or the towel they use to wipe the plate to make it perfect. I believe I am making my point. Instructions is not offensive to a cook if it is done properly. I start off by letting them know that I will get  very ill . As a chef I never wanted to cook something and make some one sick. My goal and every chefs goal is to satisfy the customer to come back.

So when you are traveling and it is a new area. If you want to eat at the fanciest place in town, do it. Don't only look for a place that serves gluten free food.  Don't go with 3 items that they show you. Look at the menu and tell them what you want. I have forms and menu to help you understand and I will always help if Asked. I have found that when they have a gluten free menu, they have no idea what it is some of the time. The wait staff says yep I know what gluten free means and they bring out a salad with croûtons on it.
 BEFORE  YOU SEND ME A ZILLION PLACES THAT ARE GREAT. Don't Please. I know they are out there and there is some fine ones. When I travel, for example when we went to Las Vegas, My wife wanted to eat at the place that spins above Vegas. They are not a gluten free place. I was nice to the hostess, I explained nicely and told them about my health. She went in and told the chef and gave him my form. The Chef came out and asked me how I wanted my meal done. It was perfect and I loved it. My wife was happy and I wasn't sick. I am so sure there is probably great gluten free places in Vegas. My wife wanted that place and she is the boss. So always keep that in mind when you travel and take a look at the menu in my web site.

You can teach them and you will keep the gluten monster away.
.

 Chef Daniel "P"
http://www.chefdanielp.com/
If a error comes up return in a few minutes. (Free hosting caused it)

Articles, recipes, restaurant forms ,Traveling help.

A fellow celiac who happens to be a chef and wants to help you.