Date:
Mon, 1 Nov 2004 21:38:06 -0500

Last Saturday evening I had the pleasure of dining at Da Luciano in
River Grove, IL (not far from O'Hare Airport). This Italian restaurant
is owned by a wonderful couple who has 7 children - 4 with Celiac
disease! I first heard about it when visiting the University of
Chicago's Celiac Center.

The restaurant was very crowded and we were pleased that we had made a
reservation. Our table was waiting when we arrived. The great thing
about this restaurant is that half the food they serve is gluten free.
The GF menu was 4 pages long! We had a choice of 3 soups (mine, the
pasta fazul, was terrific), numerous pasta dishes, bruschetta, rolls,
chicken and veal dishes, etc. and PIZZA (delicious)! They have a
separate oven for the GF pizzas. The GF dessert menu has homemade
cannoli, tiramisu (scrumptious), biscotti, almond cookies and 4 other
choices. We were a party of 4: 2 with Celiac Disease and 2 who ate off
the regular menu. All of us left very happy. We even took home
carry-out: pizza, soup and tiramisu.

Additionally, the restaurant was one of those hard-to-find warm,
friendly, neighborhood places. Rose (the owner/chef's wife) made us feel
as if we were her 8th and 9th kids. We were so pleased with the evening
we can't wait to return!

***The owners request that "gluten free" reservations be made with ample
notice so they can have everything ready the night of the reservation.

DA LUCIANO Pizza, Pasta and Catering 8343 W. Grand Avenue River Grove,
IL 708-453-1000 NOTE:

This reviewer is not related to the owners and does not have any
financial interest in Da Luciano.