From:
"Pamela J. Murphy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 12:57:16 -0400

Hello Ladies -

FYI - I contact L'Oreal (a division of Cosmair, Inc.) regarding their Rouge
Virtuale Lipstick that I had recently purchased.  Here is their response
dated 9/14/99:

"...Thank you for giving us the opportunity to answer your inquiry regarding
grain derivative sensitivity.

Rouge Virtuale does not contain gluten.

We understand your concern regarding the use of products that contain grain
derivatives.  Our research has determined that there is no clinical evidence
connecting topical application, to skin or scalp, of grain derivatives to
trigger these sensitivities.

As with any health-related concern, we suggest you follow the advice of your
physician.

... Linda Cronin, Consumer Affairs
    PO Box 98, Westfield, NJ 07091-0098"

Their toll-free numbers are:

1-800-322-2036 Cosmetics/Plentitude
1-800-631-7358  Hair Products

I hope you find this information useful.

Pam Murphy
Michigan

Check out the SE Michigan Web Site at http://Community.mlive.com/cc/celiac