From:
ABibby80 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Mar 1998 21:51:24 EST

Hi,
I'm brand new to this group. My 3 year old son has gluten/casein intollerance.
The endoscopy is still scheduled. Since going on the diet 6 weeks ago, we have
found he seems to be intollerant to almost EVERY food. He has screaming
attacks like he is having abdominal pain. He is developmentally delayed and
has no language so we really have no way of knowing what's wrong. We went to
ER 3 times this week. His attacks are so severe (hives, difficulty breathing,
swelling of face and hands, very disoriented, rapid heart rate, etc.) that it
scares me. And now, they are so frequent there's hardly a break in 24 hours.
I've been to so many doctors my head is spinning. No body seems to know what
to do. And then they "schedule" these tests for weeks out, but I can't wait
weeks to see what's going on!!!! Does anyone have ANY ideas for me? Resources
for very allergic (especially food allergies) people? Like hospitals, doctors,
etc. Someone who is willing to listen or help me figure this out. Some docs
think this is part of his developmental problem, but NO WAY. He was a very
happy, smiling, delayed little boy 6 weeks ago, now he's a monster. He's
uncomfortable in his own skin. And I'm so tired I could die. Sorry to vent,
hope that's part of what this forum is for. Thanks in advance for any ideas.
Adrienne