Date:
Tue, 27 Sep 2005 09:18:56 -0600

Good news about Tony Romas !  Here are the responses:

From the United States:

- I have checked the ingredients in Tony Roma's barbecue sauce (the
basic one) and I have successfully eaten ribs with that sauce in the
Tony Roma's in Aurora, CO.

- In the US all of Tony Romas sauces on their ribs is gluten free and
also there chicken with a bone. You can have the corn on the cob, baked
potato, cold slaw and their beans, their rice is not gluten free. I
always bring my own sour cream if I plan to have the bake potato just in
case.

From Canada:

- I've eaten at Tony Romas in Red Deer.  I ask for a plain backed potato
and steamed veggies.  Someone once told me Roma's sauces were safe, but
I've never ventured far enough to try the ribs.  Don't let your son eat
the chicken; it's marinated in a sauce that has wheat in it.

- I eat at Tony Roma's fairly frequently and have never had a problem. I
am g-f, c-f, and have a number of other food allergies.

So I called the Tony Romas located on Barlow Trail in Calgary. I spoke
with Phil who said they do have a GF menu, and that all their ribs and
sauces are GF as well as their steaks and some of the chicken dishes. He
said that all the tony romas locations in calgary serve exactly the same
menu and ingredients, but of course, I would suggest checking with your
server each time you go.

Janice.