From:
Debra Berke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 18 Dec 2007 09:08:32 EST

Hams Christmas 2007
Recommendations:
Costco
Ridge Creek (Sam's Brand) at Sam's  Club.  Even the glaze packet is gf.
Cumberland Gap Boneless Ham Slices
Hormel  (l/2 hams) sliced them myself
Cook's ham with the bone  in
Hormel Cured 81 ham bone-in and  boneless
Black Label Canned  Hams
Smithfield Smoked & Country  Hams
Hams are usually g.f.  (glaze can be the  problem...honey or bbq, etc.)  The
USDA handles labeling of meat products  & has a strict set of definitions for
various ingredients.  Find it  online at
_http://www.fsis.usda.gov/Help/FAQs_Flavorings/index.asp#1_
(http://www.fsis.usda.gov/Help/FAQs_Flavorings/index.asp#1)

If you had a favorite brand pre-dx  check ingredients on that one as it's
probably g.f.
Smithfield did send me their allergy  statement and I'm happy to forward it
to any interested parties. Just let me  know. Thanks!

Deb, Newark,  DE