From:
Ayn Gilliland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Jul 1999 09:35:25 -0500

Hi All--

I've received several responses re: my post of yesterday and I thank
everyone for their advice. I didn't give enough information, so before
too many more people reply, let me add:

My GP offered to do the biopsy because there is no way on earth even my
GP could get me in to see a dermatologist for a biopsy the day an
eruption occurs - or probably even within three or four days. This would
most likely affect the pathology reports.

Also, nothing about any of my medical conditions is considered "normal."
I didn't have the classic CD symptoms, thus 45 years in the diagnosing;
I was diagnosed 7 years ago with a skin condition called Grover's
disease, which is seen in elderly men who have spent too much time in
the sun (possibly DH, instead of Grover's); I had bladder cancer when I
was 18 years old - a real rarity for one so young. Consequently, my PCP
does not anticipate the eruptions of DH to be "classic" in my case. I'm
sure many of you have similar cases, so you'll understand my frustration
at finding a definite diagnosis for DH.

Finally, the eruptions are typically very itchy, can be fire engine red
or not, comprised of tiny blisters, but never on my elbows, knees, etc.
- more usually on my shoulder, upper thighs (front or back) or trunk.

With this added info, I hope someone can offer suggestions. Thanks to
all who are so anxious to spend time responding....Ayn.