From:
cobina higgins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 27 Jun 2004 11:09:02 -0400

I had reported that my Trader Joe's had a wonderful GF bread called French Rolls.  In future, I will mention my location (northern Virginia), as so many tried to find them and struck out.  Sorry to you all.  There were nice suggestions for grilled cheese sandwiches, and I did have a scrumptious, crunchy sandwich right away.  Thanks so much.  The secret is often to slice the breads thin and butter both sides of the bread for moisture. Num num.  One contributor makes a loaf from GF Pantry Sandwich Bread Mix, which comes out nicely. Someone suggested microwaving most breads to soften them, another uses EnerG 6 Grain bread for grilled sandwiches.  I like the idea of using the small Geo Forman grill, too.  One weight watcher slices the French Rolls into fourths (halves, then freezes with wax paper between, then into halves again)  I will prob do this, as I do not need extra carb calories.  Sorry this is so long, but you guys are total founts of information.  Thanks again    Cobina

cobina higgins
Why Wait? Move to EarthLink.