From:
Kathy Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kathy Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Sep 2005 15:54:35 -0400

Hello,
Just wanted to share what I received on the above product.....

"Dear Ms. Jackson:Thank you for taking the time to inquire about Pinnacle Foods Corporation
and the products we produce which might be gluten-free.  We appreciate
your interest in our company and our products.

At the present time, Vlasic® Pickles, Sauerkraut and Peppers and Log
Cabin® Country Kitchen syrup are gluten-free.  The vinegar used in
production of these items is corn-based, rather than wheat-based.  Other
items in our product lines (which include Swanson® frozen foods and Open
Pit® barbecue sauces) generally contain wheat-based ingredients in the
form of modified food starches and other thickening agents.

While our manufacturing facilities follow generally accepted good
manufacturing practices, we do not have the flexibility of segregating
production lines for the exclusive production of wheat-free items.  We
recommend that you review the list of ingredients on the package prior to
purchase to assure that you are meeting your specific dietary needs. Since
we are constantly improving our products, ingredients may change from time
to time.

We appreciate the time you've taken to share your specific concerns with
us, because it helps us to become aware of consumer needs.  We hope you
find this information helpful.Sincerely,Mary Orlando
Consumer Services Representative000554158A**END**"