Date:
Mon, 26 Sep 2005 13:36:48 -0600

To the celiac list (especially those in western canada)

RE: old dutch restaurante style tortilla chips
www.olddutchfoods.ca

I have just confirmed the following info with an old dutch phone
representative:

- this product used to be made in a dedicated facility - no wheat in the
plant whatsoever.

- they have very recently started producing a whole wheat tortilla chip
that contains wheat, barley and oats.
- they are making it on the same line as all the other corn-based chips
- they claim to employ standard cleanup procedures

Although I choose never to eat anything made in a shared facility,
perhaps you can still eat this product if you are not too sensitive.

I suspect this must be what has been making my daughter sick.

Janice in Alberta.