From:
Dawn Dutton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dawn Dutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Jun 2004 12:22:04 -0400

I just want to clarify a misconception that some folks have about the
Fairfield Farm/Moosewood packaging.

NONE of the packages that I saw at the supermarket stated that the entrees
were GF.  Please do not complain to the company that they are lying on their
packaging.

I contacted them because the ingredient list appeared to be GF and I wanted
to know if they were actually GF.  I've attached the message from Fairfield
Farms.  They state that some entrees are gluten free based on the
ingredients, but they shouldn't be consumed by individuals with Celiac
Disease because of cross-contamination.

In my opinion, their message is clear and complete.  Neither their email nor
their packaging is deceptive.

However, I do wish they *would* produce their entrees that could be gluten
free in an environment free of possible cross-contamination, so that those
foods would be safe for us to eat.

Dawn

_____________________

Thank you for taking time to write to me with your inquiry about our
gluten-free products.

Yes, some of our products are gluten-free (meaning they do not contain
wheat, barley, rye or oats), however because our facility also happens to
produce wheat products, these gluten-free products should not be consumed by
people with Celiac disease.

For people that may still be able to consume our products (based on their
tolerance level), this is a list of Fairfield Farm Kitchens’ gluten-free
products (these products do not contain wheat, barley, rye or oats):

·        Organic Classics Chicken with Honey BBQ Sauce

·        Moosewood Creamy Potato & Corn Chowder

·        Moosewood Texas Two Bean Chili

·        Moosewood Mediterranean Tomato and Rice Soup

·        Moosewood Tuscan White Bean & Vegetable

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Thank you for your
interest in our products.  It is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Shayna
Shayna B. Worby
Consumer Relations Coordinator
Fairfield Farm Kitchens
(877) 400-5997, ext. 358

MSN Movies - Trailers, showtimes, DVD's, and the latest news from Hollywood!
http://movies.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200509ave/direct/01/