From:
Ian Wahl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Jul 1999 21:47:44 -0500

Dear Listmates,

Here is brief summary of the slurpy-icee question I posed a while back.

Most people said that if the flavor for the slurpy or icee is a juice
flavor that is gluten free like Coke then the icee drink is gluten free.
Burger King now has two frozen drinks.  One is Coke and one is Minute Maid
Cherry.  Someone said they called Minute Maid and the company said that all
flavors of their juices are gluten free.  I did not personally call Minute
Maid.

Some people suggested making my own, which I have done but when you are 9
years old, it is fun to be out and have a Slurpy or Icee like
everyone else.  It's not the same when Mom makes it all the time.

One mom suggested:

One of my kid's favorite is to take a container of frozen orange juice, put
it in a blender with 1 c. soy milk, 1 package of Lite Mori Nu silken tofu
and 1 tsp. vanilla. I think that is everything!  :)

Blend it up and let them drink it right away. Whatever is left over can be
frozen in a popsicle tray.

Another mom wrote:
Regarding the slurpees, etc., as long as the pop slurpees are GF brands,
they are okay, and the ice tea brands are GF, they are okay.  We just ask
what brand is used (and sometimes it says right on the slurpee machine) to
decide whether it is GF or not.  For example Coke Slurpees at 7 Eleven and
Nestle Ice Tea Slurpees at Mac's.

One person wrote that there is a web site for Icee.  You can check it
yourself.

"See http://www.icee.com/main.htm which is the ICEE website
it gives you ingredients list and nutritional information on
all its favor's of ICEE (which is sold at Mrs. Fields Cookie Stores)"

That is all the information that I received.  I hope this answers the
question.  It's so much fun to see the joy on my daughter's face when she
tries a new product that we discover is GF!  She had McD's soft serve
yogurt today for the first time in years and was overjoyed!

Thanks to all who responded.  You are a wonderful group of people and I am
proud to be affiliated with you all.

Keep cool.

Bev Wahl in steamy Chicago, IL