From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jun 1996 11:04:51 -0400

At 09:37 AM 6/13/96 -0400, MeiTien <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>My daughter's RAST IgE tests showed high level of dust allergy but no
>wheat allergy. I did notice that she seems to be sensitive to wheat. Is
>dust allergy common to the people who has wheat allergy? She is also
>nearsighted...

IgE tests are for reactions that we think of as histamine reactions, e.g.
swelling, itching, bronchospasm, hives, hypotension or shock. And
anti-histamines are used to counter the symptoms.

>Dr. Braley's book recommends FICA ( IgG ) tests, I wonder if anyone on
>the list has tried it?

For an in depth discussion of testing send GET CELIAC BLOODTST to

> Or other types of food allergy tests? Is
>elimination diet the best way to go?

Elimination diets have the problem of leaving you with uncertainty. If you
stay off the offending food the IgA and IgG antibodies will eventually go
away. Then if you test they will come up negative. Then you aren't sure...

Don.