From:
Kathy Przywara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 18:00:20 -0800

I was experimenting with making some chicken nuggets last week and came
up with this.  With Old Bay Seasoning (I'm not positive this is gf), the
shrimp were great.  You can really use whatever type of seasoning you
like best.  I had trouble with getting my batter too thin.  I'm sure it
would work for fish too.

Kathy

(Alyssa 3/15/97 - dairy, egg, corn, grape, unidentified EA's;
Thomas 5/30/99 - dairy, egg, corn, grape, wheat/gluten, soy, citrus
(mostly orange), tomato, walnut)

Batter for Chicken Nuggets or Shrimp

1 c GF Flour mix (I used a modified version of Featherlight Rice Mix that
   subs 2 parts arrowroot and 1 part potato starch for the cornstarch)
1/2 - 1 T Seasoning mix (I used Old Bay)
1/2 - 1 c soda water

Mix the flour and seasoning together.  Add soda water to get a batter the
consistency of pancake batter.  It should not be too thin.  Blend until
smooth.  Use to coat chicken strips, nuggets, shrimp, or fish.  Deep fry
at 375F for 5-10 minutes depending on the thickness of the food.  The
coating should be golden brown.  Don't crowd the pan, as they tend to
stick together.  Remove with slotted spoon and drain well on paper towels
or brown bags.