From:
Elysse R. Paige <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Aug 2001 16:41:23 -0700

Thanks to all (and there are many) who have responded.   I will be
summarizing your responses and suggestions as soon as I'm back on my
feet.  At the moment, I remain in pain and exhausted.

Many of you are writing concerning the side effects I have experienced with
Actonel and Fosamax.  I wanted to address these questions immediately. They
are esophageal spasms, abdominal pain, and headaches.  To those who asked,
yes I followed the directions exactly (full glass of water and remain
upright for at least 30 minutes).  I also don't want to discourage anyone
from trying these therapies.  I have a rather sensitive constitution and
some other contributing medical problems.  I'd appreciate it if you did not
write me for more details on this front as they are the typical Celiac
struggles and I am beyond tired of rehashing the whole thing.  I hope this
info helps and I'll summarize alternatives ASAP.

Elysse