Date:
Tue, 2 Mar 1999 09:50:13 -0800

Hi Listmates,
 I have been away from the list for a week or so. Going over the backlog
I noticed the discussion on the gf diet and the differences in out look.
I just wanted to put my 2 cents worth in. Being told you are a celiac
and must adjust your diet/lifestyle totally is like having a death/great
loss.......and you have to go thru the stages of grieving. Before
acceptance there is denial and anger. Some of us take hours and others,
years to go thru all the stages. I am very accepting after 10 years of
the diet.....but remember well the feeling of wanting to ..throw the
donut out the car window, jump on the piece of pizza, gaze longingly at
apple struddle at a country fair. For those of us that time has helped
us thru the stages and those who went thru them quickly......we should
be supportive and understanding to those still 'grieving'. Plus I don't
think we ever stop learning about the disease and aspects of the diet.
  There .....how was that :~) ....to the new celiacs.........it does get
way better...and become part of who and what you are......brown hair,
blue eyes, no gluten in the diet, etc. I still have the homemade soup
recipe file if there are any  newbies out there who would still like
it.             Dianne in B.C.