From:
Karen Broussard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Karen Broussard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Apr 2016 14:14:48 -0400

Hi everyone,

For the past 5 summers, my son has attended Camp Celiac in Rhode Island, and I've volunteered as a parent counselor. My son has the time of his life...it's probably the highlight of not only his summer, but his whole year! Even though it's a typical summer sleep away camp (just 5 nights), they don't focus on Celiac or GF issues...they just let kids be kids and enjoy a worry-free summer camp experience. ALL food prepared in the kitchen that week is safe and gluten-free. (They can also accommodate dairy free/lactose free campers.) The campers rave about the food and enjoy the fact that all their camper friends are GF, too. It's the first time my son has been around other kids with Celiac. It has really changed his perspective about living with the disease.

If you have a GF or Celiac son or daughter (or grandchild), I'd HIGHLY recommend considering this camp. There are still some spots open for this August, so I'd encourage you to take a look at their website for more info.

http://campceliac.org

If you have any questions, feel free to email me.

Karen Broussard
Northern Virginia
Founder and President, GlutenFreeTravelSite
https://glutenfreetravelsite.com
http://glutenfreetravelblog.typepad.com
DINE GLUTEN FREE app (FREE for iOS and Android): http://glutenfreetravelsite.com/mobileresources.php
FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/pages/GlutenFreeTravelSite/316869725133