From:
"T.M. Jones" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
T.M. Jones
Date:
Thu, 14 May 2009 13:04:55 -0400

Sorry - in my previous post I forgot to mention a couple of things and some of
you reminded me by questioning me about them.

For shopping there were several Publix stores in the area - some closed at
9pm and some at 10. The Granary is a great health food store down there.
The Siesta Key location had lots of gf items - some of which were new to us.
Also, the Granary in Ocala was excellent!

For sightseeing there are several great lunch options at Marie Selby Botanical
Gardens - chicken salad, tuna salad and fruit salads. All were fresh and
excellent and I used my own crackers there.

The Ringling Museum was wonderful but the lunch spot there was perplexed
when I explained I needed a burger without the bun. They thought I could just
throw it out... Luckily we went in before the lunch rush and they agreed to
make me a burger safely. It was decent and gluten free ;) They had gf chips
there too. There is a very nice cafe inside the main visitor center there but
it's pricey, takes a while and we weren't there for a fine dining
experience ;)

My sister is making a gluten free wedding cake (or two) for our brother's
wedding. She is thinking of making a Carribean rum cake with the Namaste
spice cake mix for one, and they might do chocolate for the grooms cake.
What are everyone's favorite chocolate cake MIXES? Please don't send
recipes - just the brand you like if you use a mix. The wedding is early at the
beach so the cake will be made the day before it's served at lunch. Therefore,
we're looking for something that will hold up at least a day. I've had good luck
with Bob's Red Mill as long as you use margarine and not butter, and chocolate
milk instead of plain milk which totally overpowers the bean flavor.

Thanks if you have other chocolate cake mix suggestions!

TJ