From:
Ian Wahl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Mar 1998 19:27:23 -0600

Dear fellow listmembers,

Once again I put out a plea for help.  My daughter fell today and broke her
wrist.  We have a temporary cast on it and will take her to the orthopedic
guy Monday.  My questions are:

1.  Is there casting material that might have gluten (wheat paste in
plaster of Paris) and if so, what materials are safe?

2.  We are giving her children's Panadol (gf according to company back in
January) for pain, but she might require something stronger the day the
cast goes on.  Does anyone know of any prescription pain killers that are
gf.  I have a list of over the counter medications and antibiotics, but not
prescription pain killers.

3.  Are celiac kids more prone to broken bones due to the malabsorption?
She fell in a padded moonwalk ride and normally those don't seem dangerous.
What can I give her to strengthen her bones as she is allergic to all
dairy?  I already give her Citracal D.  Does anyone know how many
milligrams are safe for kids?  She weighs about 55 pounds.

I checked the archives and came up empty handed.  Please write as soon as
possible, because I am taking her Monday morning.

Thanks again in advance.  Of course, I will summarize.  You are the best
people in the world.

Bev Wahl in Chicago Illinois USA