From:
Paul Kelty <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 20 May 2009 11:36:27 EDT

This was my response to the TGI Fridays post.  I find it appalling,  and
since
I regularly send customers to gluten free restaurants and keep a list of
those
 who accommodate, I hope this has an impact.

Paul Kelty
Mr. Ritt's Gluten Free Bakery
Millville, NJ 08332

I hate to tell you that you just alienated 1% of the population at
minimum.
Your competitors including Outback Steakhouse, Chili's, Longhorn,
Carraba's, Bonefish grill and even Wendy's have found that is a need
that is easy to accommodate and makes money.  Outback was a
leader in this movement, and has seen a growth in sales because of  it.
THIS is not a choice, but an illness that could be easily  accommodated,
 and  to blithely ask people to eat at your restaurant after a  response
like this to an illness is short sighted and in poor taste. It almost reeks
of sarcasm.  I will be sure that all of my customers know that they
cannot eat at your restaurant and that it will be a poor choice for
their health, while I have to direct them to those that will  accommodate
 their needs. As people tend to eat out in groups, you will also lose
the family members and friends who do all they can to assure the
health of individuals affected with celiac sprue, autism, and other
auto immune disorders who eat gluten free to protect their health.
This is not as a "lifestyle" choice such as vegetarianism, which you  do
support.
Thank you ,
Paul Kelty, Mr. Ritt's Gluten Free  Bakery

**************Recession-proof vacation ideas.  Find free things to do in
the U.S.