From:
John & Karen McCann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Apr 2002 16:48:33 +0930

Dear friends,

I had listed this question many months ago and just wanted to give a
follow up of my situation.  I was blood tested and biopsyed in November
and told I had Celiacs disease and have followed a strict glutten free
diet since.  I had many other symptoms at diagnosis and was then
diagnosised with sarcoidosis of the lungs.  I have just had a second
opinion from a gastroentrologist who had my histology reviewed and she
said that she would have never told me I was a celiac but that i had
sarcoidosis of the gut.  She has ceased my glutten free diet.
Unfortuneately there is no real treatment for sarcoidosis other than
steriods, which they say is worse than the disease itself.

So, basically i am saying that you can very well be misdiagnosed, even
though i had a biopsy and anti body blood tests.  I hope they finally
have it right.

I have enjoyed the list and learnt many things from it.

Karen
Adelaide Australia