From:
Chris Belyea <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Mar 1999 10:59:02 +1100

It seems this "awful diet" thing just won't go away.  I take the point that
perhaps reading labels, planning ahead, investigating etc might be stressful
for some people in particular situations, but lets take a reality check
here. It's only stressful if you allow it to reach that level.

For goodness sake, lets just accept what we are and what we have and stop
moaning about it.

As I see it, this List is a wonderful resource that gives us all the
resources, information and support to make the whole situation about as good
as it's going to get.

I know I'll get flooded with responses for the next bit, but here goes.

Having CD does not give us an excuse for bemoaning our situation, nor does
it give us an excuse "for wearing it (CD) as a Badge of Honour".

It is what it is.

How often have we all seen a person suffering from say cancer who has a
really great outlook, and that "damned if I'm going to let this get on top
of me" attitude. I believe that we all should adopt that type of attitude.

Feeling sorry for ourselves, getting stressed over it or telling everybody
how hard it is isn't going to cure us of CD, it's just going to make the
whole life situation just that little bit harder - and who needs that!

Lets all just lighten up and move forward, rather than looking for excuses
to make things harder.

I appreciate that CD is harder for some than others, no dispute there, I
just believe that it's only as hard as you let be.

Regards
Chris
Sydney, Australia